Silk has always symbolized luxury, softness and comfort!
Silk, what is it?
Silk is one of the most valued and unique fabrics of animal origin, and its fabrics are often called one of the most beautiful fibers. Natural silk is extracted from the pupae of silkworms. It is widely used in the creation of clothes and jewelry, but due to its positive effect on the skin, it is also widely used in household and everyday life. Linens, pillowcases, clothes and accessories are sewn from silk.
The benefit of silk is its anti-allergic and antibacterial properties, it does not attract dust mites, while cotton tends to absorb moisture and becomes an excellent breeding ground for bacteria. When sleeping on silk bedding, the skin wrinkles less and the hair remains smoother, because the smooth surface of the silk reduces friction against the pillowcase. The benefits of silk for the skin of the face - it does not pull it out, but just keeps the moisture in the skin. By using silk protective face masks, instead of the usual paper ones, it is possible to avoid the mask . Silk contains valuable amino acids that have a refreshing effect on hair and skin. Silk pillowcases are especially suitable for people who sleep restlessly and are allergic, and silk bedding is a great option for those who complain of joint pain and other ailments.
Silk is usually resistant to mold, fungus and dust mites. Silk bedding can last for many years when cared for properly, whether dry-cleaned or hand-washed.
Benefits of Silk:
• Silk has very good hygienic properties, does not electrify, is strong and elastic, resistant to microorganisms.
• It is characterized by good hygroscopicity (absorbs moisture perfectly) and low thermal conductivity. It is not for nothing that it is said that a person always feels good with silk clothes: on a warm day, they radiate coolness, the body breathes easily, and on a cool day, they warm.
• Silk fiber is resistant to house dust mites.
How to care for silk?
• Silk should be washed very carefully, in warm water, with detergents without bleach.
• It is best to wash silk bedding in water not hotter than 30 degrees C, using special liquid detergents for delicate fabrics.
• For machine washing, the recommended washing mode is the same as for wool, if your washing machine does not have a special program for washing silk. Also, hand washing is recommended.
• Dry in the shade, iron without steam, only on the wrong side, and only when the product is completely dry.
No fabric compares to silk in terms of lightness, softness and softness.
LOOK FOR MORE USEFUL TIPS ON OUR INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT @misijaoda
THE ARTICLE WAS PREPARED BY PROF. COSMETOLOGIST JOLANTA VIZGIRDIENĖ @kosmetologe_jolanta